Want to know more about me? Here goes:
- I’m Dutch, live and work in the Netherlands, but grew up in Israel and Germany;
- I’m very happily married to my soulmate & the love of my life;
- I’m a working mom, I have a son and a daughter born at the very beginning of this 21st century and I try to blog whenever inspiration strikes;
- I have two cats;
- I speak 3 languages fluently but my favourite language is English;
- I have loved Richard Armitage ever since I saw North & South on DVD in the spring of 2006;
- I have loved Colin Firth ever since he appeared on my TV screen in the fall of 1995 as Mr. Darcy;
- Roman Holiday is the movie that made me fall in love with movies;
- When everyone loved Duran Duran and Wham, I loved Gregory Peck;
- I love all things Jane Austen;
- To Kill a Mockingbird (which I first read at 15) and Jane Eyre (which I first read in simplified form at 10 and later in my teens “properly”) remain two of my favourite books ever;
This blog is about all these things that I love and more. I could write about politics and the environment and real life troubles and although I sometimes do, mostly I don’t want to! So, I guess this blog can be viewed as escapsist in a way. On the other hand: movies, tv shows, books, Colin Firth and Richard Armitage are real, aren’t they?
Should you want to contact me privately, you can do so via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.